Project Coordinators (Local)-CLOSED
Enjoy helping others build their confidence and gain new skills? Interested in developing your leadership skills?
There is an exciting training program beginning in September 2017 in several Nunavut Communities (Baker Lake, Arviat, Pond Inlet, Iqaluit and Cambridge Bay) facilitated by Performance Management Consultants (PMC). This is a follow-up to our pilot project from the fall of 2016 in Baker Lake.
We are seeking local Project Coordinators who are available to work full-time for 12 weeks this fall to assist the instructor in planning and coordinating the program (Iqaluit will be a 24-week project, instead of 12 weeks).
*There will be some summer hours needed to prepare for the fall program delivery.
If you want to help people in your community overcome barriers to employment, gain new skills and build self-esteem and confidence, this is the opportunity for you. This opportunity can also help you hone your skills, set some goals and identify steps to achieving them—all in a fun and supportive environment!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand what it is like to face barriers to employment
- Enjoy working with others
- Have an interest in developing their own facilitation skills and working closely with a small but dedicated team
- Assist in connecting with local employers to build strong relationships, arrange site tours and guest speakers
- Have lots of energy to share
- Want opportunities to learn-by-doing and through mentorship of participants
- Speak and understand some Inuktitut
- Already reside in the community where you are applying to be Project Coordinator
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please email your résumé to email@example.com by Monday, July 31, 2017. (The deadline for applications for Cambridge Bay and Pond Inlet has been extended to Tuesday, August 8, 2017.)