Three Month Contract Employment Opportunity – Administrative and Classroom Assistant for Hospitality Training Program – Iqaluit
Do you enjoy helping others build their confidence and gain new skills?
Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?
There is an exciting pre-employment training program running from March to June 2020 facilitated by Performance Management Consultants (PMC) in Iqaluit. We are seeking a local Program Administrator/Classroom Assistant who is available to work full-time for a 12-week contract to assist the instructor with planning and administrative duties.
If you want to help people in your community overcome barriers to employment, gain new skills and build self-esteem and confidence, this is the opportunity for you!
- Assist with participant selection (schedule interviews for 25-30 applicants in order to select 16 participants)
- Network with community members and assist Instructor to build relationships in the community
- Provide peer support to the group and motivate participants who need it
- Arrange for guest speakers, site tours of local employers and cultural activities
- Identify opportunities in your community for participants to gain volunteer work experience
- Getting confidential participant forms completed in a timely manner and uploading them onto the Network-attached storage (NAS)
- Print and photocopy materials as needed
- Assist with tracking expenses and maintaining receipts and other records
- Record daily, weekly and monthly attendance of participants
- Manage participant confidential files
- Organize cultural learning activities for participants to support learning and development
- Assist instructor as needed in the classroom; provide one-on-one support to participants as needed
- Create and submit invoices and timesheets of hours worked to Instructor for approval
- Order supplies as needed
- Help make the program a success!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have experience using computers, Microsoft Office software and doing administrative work
- Enjoy working with others
- Speak Inuktitut
- The ability to co-facilitate on areas of local knowledge is a definite asset
- Experience working in hotels or restaurants an asset.
The contract begins full time March 9, 2020.
Interested? Apply Now!
Please email your resume to Erin Strachan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is March 2, 2020.
For information on PMC, visit www.pmcrenewal.com.