Consultant, Inuit Educational Supports (part-time, project-based) – CLOSED
If you are passionate about seeing more Inuit graduating high school in Nunavut and have some time to work on an exciting new project, consider applying for this call.
Performance Management Consultants is seeking a consultant to gather information on promising programs that can support Inuit children and youth to graduate high school.
Working with a support team in Ottawa, the Consultant will research within Inuit Nunangat to identify successful wrap-around support programs to keep kids in school. This will entail communicating with stakeholders and program coordinators from past and present programs to gain insight on outcomes, successes, challenges, and best practices. Learn more about the project – download PDF here.
**Please note that the project schedule will be determined based on the selected candidate’s availability (hours will be part-time, from January until June 2019).
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable about the education system and barriers for Inuit students (from early childhood to adulthood)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be experienced in conducting internet research as well as in-person or telephone interviews with stakeholders
- Exercise sound judgement and be sensitive to community needs and interests
- Have a strong understanding (ideally lived experience) of Inuit culture, and life in a northern, remote community
The ability to speak Inuktitut is a significant asset, as is past experience working with Inuit Elders and Cultural teachers.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to Erin Strachan and reference the job title in the subject line of your email to:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by January 10th.
**While we thank all that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.