Instructor, Pre-Employment Training – CLOSED
Performance Management Consultants is seeking an instructor for a 12-week training program this fall in Nunavut. All travel, accommodation, and meal expenses are included.
This project will build on the success of similar programs delivered in seven Nunavut communities in 2017-18. Learn more about the projects here.
Working with a support team in Ottawa, the Instructor will deliver life skills and pre-employment training to 16 Inuit adults who face barriers to employment. The goal of the training will be to increase six core employability competencies:
- Teamwork, Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Reading, Writing and Document Use
- Financial Literacy and Life Skills
- Computer and Technology Use
- Personal Resiliency and Stress Management
Content and advance orientation will be provided. In addition to classroom instruction, you will also work with local employers to arrange site visits and guest speakers from local service providers to help participants strengthen their support networks. You will liaise with local Inuit Elders and traditional knowledge-holders to assist in delivering Inuit culture components of the training. A positive and highly empathetic individual, you thrive on working with others to build self esteem, confidence, and motivation.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have experience working with diverse populations (experience working with Inuit or other Indigenous peoples is a strong asset)
- Have experience working with either youth-at-risk, people with disabilities or those who face barriers to employment
- Have experience in adult education, group facilitation, and program management
- Experience with trauma survivors is a strong asset
- Be able to adapt activities to meet a diverse set of existing needs, abilities, skills and interests
- Be willing and able to live in the community for the duration of the 12-week program (September-early December time-frame)
- Have lots of energy to share
- Have a high degree of resiliency and a “whatever it takes to succeed” attitude
- Inuktitut speaking is a huge asset
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to Erin Strachan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by June 1, 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you.