Three Month Contract Employment Opportunity – Administrative and Classroom Assistant – Arctic Bay
Do you enjoy helping others build their confidence and gain new skills?
Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?
There is an exciting Pre-Employment Training Program running from September 16 to December 9, 2019 in Arctic Bay, Nunavut, facilitated by Performance Management Consultants (PMC). We are seeking a local Program Administrator/Classroom Assistant who is available to work full-time for 12 weeks to assist the instructor with planning and administrative duties.
If you want to help people in your community overcome barriers to employment, gain new skills and build self-esteem and confidence, this is the opportunity for you!
- Assist with participant recruitment and selection
- Network with community members and assist Instructor to build relationships in the community
- Provide peer support to the group and motivate participants who need it
- Arrange for guest speakers, site tours of local employers and cultural activities
- Identify opportunities in your community for participants to gain volunteer work experience
- Print and photocopy materials as needed
- Assist with tracking expenses and maintaining receipts and other records
- Record daily, weekly and monthly attendance of participants
- Manage confidential participant files
- Organize cultural learning activities for participants to support learning and development
- Assist instructor as needed in the classroom; provide one-on-one support to participants as needed
- Create and submit invoices and time sheets of hours worked to Instructor for approval
- Order supplies as needed
- Help make the program a success!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have experience using computers, Microsoft Office software and doing administrative work
- Enjoy working with others
- Speak Inuktitut
- The ability to co-facilitate in areas of local knowledge is a definite asset
*The contract will be part-time in Arctic Bay, Nunavut, from September 16th to December 9th, 2019
(with the potential to become full time).
Interested? Apply Now!
Please email your resume to Instructor Andrea Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is September 6th, 2019.
For information on PMC, visit www.pmcrenewal.com