Hospitality Pre-Employment Training Program
PMC has run 14 pre-employment training programs across Nunavut over the last three years to help prepare Inuit to obtain full-time or part-time work.
This 8-week hospitality-specific program starting in March of 2020 will focus on jobs in the hotel and restaurant sector and is open to Inuit, age 19 and older. You’ll benefit from group instruction and one-on-one coaching to build your employability competencies, connect with guest speakers and role models, gain confidence, and network with local employers on job opportunities in the hotel and restaurant sector.
The hospitality sector is growing in Iqaluit!
- The Inuit-owned Aqsarniit Hotel on Federal Road will include 94 guest rooms and a dining room, lounge, conference space and fitness room. It will open in April, 2020.
- Another four-storey hotel now being built in Iqaluit will feature 85 rooms, a bar/lounge and a restaurant
Meet representatives from the Aqsarniit Hotel and learn about these available hotel and restaurant jobs:
- Front desk attendant
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Food and Beverage Server
- Kitchen porter
Why work in the hospitality sector?
- Good pay with benefits
- Work with friendly, outgoing people
- Acquire skills you can use in many industries anywhere
- Enjoy flexible schedules and variety in your work
For more information contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 234-2020 x28.
Click here to apply to be a participant in the 8-week Pre-Employment Training Program.