Moses, one of the participants of our Pre-Employment Training pilot, spoke to radio host Qavavao Peter on Qulliq on CBC North about his experience. The pilot program ran in the fall of 2016 in Baker Lake, Nunavut. This interview aired on August 14, 2017.
Watch the video to listen to the interview (in Inuktitut) and see photos from the Pilot Project in Baker Lake:
You can also listen to the audio version of the interview below:
Here’s a brief summary of what Moses said during the interview:
- He was on Income Support prior to the program but he wanted to work
- He enjoyed the program and learned a lot
- He gained cooking and life skills as well as money handling
- After graduating he got a job at Arctic Fuel
- He would highly recommend the program to anyone who is interested. He says “don’t be shy, just apply!”
PMC will be conducting five more similar projects in Arviat, Baker Lake, Cambridge Bay, Iqaluit, Pond Inlet in September 2017. Applications are still being accepted for participation in the programs. Click here for more details on how to apply to the various programs and to see application criteria and deadlines.