Do you enjoy helping others build their confidence and gain new skills?
Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?
There is an exciting pre-employment training program running from September to December 2018 in five Nunavut communities, facilitated by Performance Management Consultants (PMC). We are seeking local Program Administrator/Classroom Assistants who are available to work full-time for 12 weeks to assist instructors with planning and administrative duties, in the following locations:
- Cambridge Bay
- Cape Dorset
- Rankin Inlet
If you want to help people in your community overcome barriers to employment, gain new skills and build self-esteem and confidence, this is the opportunity for you!
- Assist with participant selection (schedule interviews for 25-30 applicants in order to select 16 participants)
- Network with community members and assist Instructor to build relation
ships in the community
- Provide peer support to the group and motivate participants who need it
- Arrange for guest speakers, site tours of local employers and cultural activities
- Identify opportunities in your community for participants to gain volunteer work experience
- Print and photocopy materials as needed
- Assist with tracking expenses and maintaining receipts and other records
- Record daily, weekly and monthly attendance of participants
- Manage participant confidential files
- Organize cultural learning activities for participants to support learning and development
- Assist instructor as needed in the classroom; provide one-on-one support to participants as needed
- Create and submit invoices and timesheets of hours worked to Instructor for approval
- Order supplies as needed
- Help make the program a success!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have experience using computers, Microsoft Office software and doing administrative work
- Enjoy working with others
- Speak Inuktitut
- The ability to co-facilitate on areas of local knowledge is a definite asset
The contract begins full time September 10th – December 7th 2018.
Interested? Apply Now!
Please email your resume to Erin Strachan at firstname.lastname@example.org (and be sure to indicate which community you’re applying for in the subject line).
Closing date is August 31st, 2018.